The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area (LWVCA) Education Fund provides information and educational services to the public about elections
and current public policy issues. It works to make complex and controversial issues accessible to citizens in a balanced, evenhanded way
The LWVCA Education Fund, established in 1954, is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, tax-exempt organization. It funds the educational activities of the League. The goal from the beginning has been to ensure that all citizens are informed about the issues and prepared to play their part in community building and to participate in government. Voters service and education activities are designed to provide citizens with unbiased, factual information as a basis for reaching their own decisions.
Of course, a special and familiar focus of the League's educational work is voting and elections. The League of Women Voters never supports or opposes candidates or political parties, but sometimes we do support or oppose issues on which we have member consensus. LWVCA Education Fund money is never used for advocacy.
The goals of LWVCA Education Fund activities are to:
- Build citizen participation in the democratic process.
- Study key community issues at all government levels in an unbiased manner.
- Enable people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
to the LWVCA Education Fund, a 501(c)(3)corporation, are fully tax-deductible where allowed by law.
The LWVCA Education Fund helps fund these Voter Service projects:
- Publishing our printed voter guide,The Who and What of Elections, for the November elections.
- Supporting Vote411.org, the online version of our voter guide, which is available for every election in Hamilton County.
- Sponsoring televised candidates' debates and ballot issues forums.
- Providing online access to important voter information for our community.
- Helping organizations plan forums, candidates meetings or debates by providing information and moderators.
- Publishing and distributing They Represent Us, a directory of elected officials in Hamilton County.
- Publishing and distributing Know Hamilton County, which examines the role of the county and how various units of government relate to it, and includes an overview of selected county government services.
- Our Voter Hotline at 513-281-VOTE (281-8683), answering voters' questions.
- Providing speakers on a variety of subjects to schools, community, private and business organizations.
- Supplying teachers with materials and information for use in their classes.
- Registering voters at special events.
In order to give voters the most comprehensive source of election information, the League relies on the support of individuals, community groups and local businesses.
By sponsoring the League of Women Voters Education Fund, you contribute to voter education services, increase civic participation and improve the quality of life for all in the region.
Contributions to the LWVCA Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, are tax-deductible. Visit this page to make a donation now via PayPal, or make check payable: LWVCA Education Fund and send to LWVCA, 103 Wm. H. Taft Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45219.