Because democracy is not a spectator sport
Welcome to the website of the League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area, a nonpartisan political organization! We hope you join us as we make democracy work in our communities. Call 513-281-VOTE if you have questions. Learn more about the LWVCA.
Right Now Learn More
- Breaking news: Federal Court Restores Cuts to Early Voting in Ohio in Time for Midterm Election.
- It's that time again... Renew your membership in the LWVCA!
- Preorder copies of our 2014 nonpartisan voter guide The Who & What of Elections. Deadline to preorder is Sept. 26!
- Join us on Monday, Sept. 22 at 6 - 8 p.m. for Behind the Gavel: Meet the Common Pleas Judicial Candidates at the Cincinnati Bar Association, downtown Cincinnati. Learn about the function of the Common Pleas Court and meet candidates who will be on the ballot in the fall. LWVCA Voter Service is proud to partner with the Cincinnati Bar Association on this event.
- Tuesday, Sept. 23 is National Voter Registration Day. Help us register more voters!
- Wednesday, Oct. 1 is LWVCA's Issues Forum at 7 p.m. at the Main Library, downtown Cincinnati. This forum will feature Cincinnati School issues and Hamilton County issues appearing on the November ballot. The program includes explanations of the issues and provides a forum to present the pros and cons of each issue.
- Tuesday, Oct. 7, 7- 9 p.m., LWVCA's Anderson Candidate Forum will be held with the candidates for Ohio House 27th District at Anderson Government Center, Five Mile Road.
- LWVCA volunteers have impacted democracy in our community. Read their stories here
- An independent judiciary is critical to our system of government. That independence is being challenged by our current system of selecting judges. Although there is no perfect system, electing judges in a partisan system creates the appearance, if not the reality, that judges are accountable to a political party. Click here for more information from the League of Women Voters of Ohio.
- Ohio's early voting hours for Sunday, November 2 and Monday, November 3 will be restored for the November 2014 general election as a result of a decision of a federal court. Read the Statement from the Ohio Secretary of State here.
- Read our September newsletter here! Highlights include a call for Judicial Elections, LWVCA Donor Honor Roll, National Convention reports and more! Visit our newsletter page to see previous issues.
Upcoming Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members. For a complete listing of all League events and internal meetings click here.
Voting Help Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? How do I register to vote? Find the changes to early voting days and hours for the November 2014 elections... and more!