Because democracy is not a spectator sport
Welcome to the website of the League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area, a nonpartisan political organization! We hope you join us as we make democracy work in our communities. Call 513-281-VOTE if you have questions. Learn more about the LWVCA.
Right Now Learn More
- Preorder copies of our 2014 nonpartisan voter guide The Who & What of Elections. Deadline to preorder is Sept. 26!
- It's that time again... Renew your membership in the LWVCA!
- Applications are now open for the second year of Act One: Hands-On Civics in Cincinnati. Learn more about this program for 18-35 year olds. Deadline to apply
is Aug. 22 has been extended to Aug. 29!
- LWV Ohio is hiring a part-time Office & Program Associate.
- LWVCA volunteers have impacted democracy in our community. Read their stories here
- Join us on Monday, Sept. 22 at 6 - 8 p.m. for Behind the Gavel: Meet the Common Pleas Judicial Candidates at the Cincinnati Bar Association, downtown Cincinnati. Learn about the function of the Common Pleas Court and meet candidates who will be on the ballot in the fall. LWVCA Voter Service is proud to partner with the Cincinnati Bar Association on this event.
- Save the date on Wednesday, Oct. 1 for LWVCA's Issues Forum at 7 p.m. at the Main Library, downtown Cincinnati. This forum will feature Cincinnati School issues and Hamilton County issues appearing on the November ballot. The program includes explanations of the issues and provides a forum to present the pros and cons of each issue.
- Tuesday, Oct. 7, 7- 9 p.m., LWVCA's Anderson Candidate Forum will be held with the candidates for Ohio House 27th District at Anderson Government Center, Five Mile Road.
- An independent judiciary is critical to our system of government. That independence is being challenged by our current system of selecting judges. Although there is no perfect system, electing judges in a partisan system creates the appearance, if not the reality, that judges are accountable to a political party. Click here for more information from the League of Women Voters of Ohio.
- Ohio's early voting hours for Sunday, November 2 and Monday, November 3 will be restored for the November 2014 general election as a result of a decision of a federal court. Read the Statement from the Ohio Secretary of State here.
- Read our September newsletter here! Highlights include a call for volunteers to help with Voter Education videos, LWVCA at Juneteenth, updates to the LWVCA Program and more! Visit our newsletter page to see previous issues.
Upcoming Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members. For a complete listing of all League events and internal meetings click here.
Voting Help Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? How do I register to vote? Find the changes to early voting days and hours for the November 2014 elections... and more!